Friday, April 29, 2016

Tutorial with Spectrum Noir & Gina K

Hi Friends!  I have another new Gina K & Spectrum Noir tutorial to share with you today!  I used all kinds of different techniques on these cards using the latest Stamp TV Kit called Sending Love.  Grab a cup of coffee & come take a peek!



Background Paper:

Step 1:  I stated out making a strip of background paper using the chisel tip of my Spectrum Noir Markers (HB1, HB2, HB3).


Step 2: Line up a piece of cardstock on grid paper and then use a scratch piece of cardstock as a ruler or guide as you add diagonal marker lines.  I started from lightest to darkest color and continued all the way down the cardstock.



Tip: Half way through, you may want to flip over the scrap cardstock once it becomes saturated with ink.



Tip: Overlap your marker lines slightly so there are no gaps in color.



Note:  I decided to make a second card using the same technique.  This time I cut a piece of the pre-printed pattern black & white designer cardstock included in the Stamp TV Kit.




Watercolor Markers on Stamps:

NOTE: I changed from Spectrum Noir alcohol ink markers to Spectrum Aqua watercolor markers for this next technique.

Step 3: Add Wildflower ink directly from my Spectrum Aqua marker to the entire image of  the butterfly stamp.


Step 4: Add Orchid ink from the marker to the outside areas of the butterfly image.


Step 5: Spritz water on watercolor paper & stamp the image.  I trimmed out 3 butterflies (1 large & 2 small) and added them to my card.



Coordinating Sentiments:

The next technique I want to share is matching up printed sentiments.  Similar to the backgrounds I did above, I decided to color the sentiments to match my cards my cards.  To do this simply use the chisel tip of the Spectrum Noir Marker and swipe lines across the sentiment.  TIP: Make sure to do this rather quickly and don't overlap too much so the color blends well.


Coloring Flowers with Spectrum Noir Markers and Spectrum Noir Colored Pencils:

Step 1: Color the entire flower with HB1


Step 2: Add H2 ink to the outside tips of the flower.


Step 3: Repeat the HB1 marker over the entire image.


Step 4: Add HB3 to the inside of the flower.


Step 5: Add Spectrum Noir colored pencil (080) to the black lines of the image.


Step 6: Blend with Gamsol Blending Solution and a paper blending stump.


Here is the difference in flowers: 
Upper Left: finished flower
Right: Spectrum Noir Markers & Pencil (not blended)
Lower Left: Spectrum Noir Markers Only 



Coloring Embellishments:

Don't have the right color embellishments for your project?  No worries... color your own!  I used True Black to color these rhinestones, but you can use any of the Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers to color buttons, gems, ribbon, flowers, wood, epoxy, etc...



Here is a close up of my finished sentiment, rhinestones, and flowers!



Great news!!!  Gina K Designs is moving to a new location this week!
The store is closed at the moment, but will be open soon better than ever!


Thanks for visiting & have a great day!


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs