Thursday, July 14, 2016

i am... on my way!

Happy Thursday!  This week I'm on a mission to tackle the many piles of scrapbooking projects I have in my basement that date back to 2011. I started my process by sorting my printed photos and I'm putting them in Project Life pocket page protectors.  This way, I can pick up any album I want to work on and it is ready to be embellished & journaled.   I'm kind of bouncing all over the place from this to that and going where the mood takes me.  That's not normally my style, but I figured this way I would actually be productive & I also want to enjoy the process.  After all, scrapbook is supposed to be fun... not a source of stress.

While I was organizing Megan's graduation photos yesterday, I couldn't resist pulling out a few of them to make a scrapbook page.  It's been ages since I made a full 12x12 layout & I enjoyed it so much!  I was actually very surprised how fast the layout went together.  To make my page, pulled out my Simple Stories I AM Collection of supplies.  I love how the layout turned out.



I had no idea when I took these photos in June 2015, how true the words on this page would be for Megan's journey this year.  She endured and learned so much about life and "adulting" in the last 12 months.  As her mom, there are some lessons I would have done anything to spare her from; however, all I can do is pray and leave it to God.  He is the ultimate healer & knows the plans he has for her future {easier said than done... but I'm trying}.  Thankfully, she believes that too, and she knows she is loved and treasured by her parents and her Heavenly Father.  



For the "I AM..." title, I used one of the 4x6 cards in the collection.  I then added gold chipboard hearts, the "On My Way" sticker, and gold enamel dots.


I also used other chipboard elements to decorate the page, enamel dots, and added the date using alphabet and number stickers in the 12x12 kit.



Thanks so much for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Tracey said...

This is a gorgeous page Kendra!

kittykat3308 said...

Megan - Congratulations on your Graduation! You are a beautiful young lady

Kathleen

Patti J said...

Kendra, you are such a wonderful mom! Megan, you are a beautiful young woman, and it will be fun to see where life takes you! Love all of your pages, Kendra, and kudos to you for sifting through things and taking time to compile the memories this way! We raised 'band kids' too, and I truly believe that these kids are different. They have to be responsible, work well and closely with others, and adapt at a moments notice. Hooray for marching band! Our daughter went on to march two summers while in college with Phantom Regiment, a drum and bugle competitive corp. That was grueling, but a great experience! Thanks for sharing :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs