Tuesday, January 10, 2017

My Project 52 with Project Life ~ Cover Page

Hi Friends!  This year I'm starting a brand new project called Project 52 {as in doing Project Life for 52 weeks in the year}.  I'll be using the Project Life system (both the App on my tablet and physical products) to document our family on a weekly basis.  My goal this year is to be more intentional about taking photos and documenting what's going on in our lives.  I haven't done either very well the last several years, other than trips and marching band.  Some weeks may be rather boring with hardly anything and some may include several layouts... we'll see how it looks at the end of the year.

I've decided to start out with a 6 x12 format for this project rather than my normal 12x12.  There are several reasons why I selected this format...  I felt that 12x12 may be a too large and overwhelming for weekly layouts.  I didn't want to defeat myself before I even started.  I contemplated 6x8, but I don't really enjoy that size very much except for quick projects. I also looked at 8x8, but there aren't very many page protector options available for that size if I decide to do physical pages. I also looked at 9x12, but I would always have to order supplies online & wanted more options. I started following Kelly Purkey and she does 6x12 & I found an album and page protectors locally at Hobby Lobby, so I thought I'd give it a go. I figure that if I don't like it, it will be easy to switch back to 12x12. So this was my thought process for the odd page/album size.

So here is my cover page... short and sweet.  I included a favorite family photo from last year, a CAS title that states the purpose & a few coordinating cards from the Project Life App kit called Good Vibes.   I love how it pulls the same colors from my photo {which was kind of a happy accident}.



 I have the first week done, but I'll save those pages for another day!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy my Project 52 journey for 2017!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs