Saturday, December 30, 2017

One Little Word ~ December 2017

This week I finished up several scrapbooking albums with some long & short term projects.  I set some pretty steep scrapbook goals at the beginning of 2017 to document more stories with words and photos. This year marked the first time in over 10 years that I wasn't on a design teams or a design team coordinator.  I made that decision because I really wanted to go back to my first crafty-love of scrapbooking.  Simply put, I missed getting lost in the photos and memories that came along with them.  Over the last 5 years in particular, all of my crafting time had become about making cards and working part time doing administrative duties for various companies.  While I loved being on the design teams & made so many wonderful friends over the years, I needed the time and space to get back into my books & find some new companies I love.

Anyway,  back to my completed projects for 2017!  The first project I finished this week was my December Daily album detailing our holiday activities through this month.  I'm thrilled with how it turned out and hope that years down the road our family will enjoy those memories. You can check out my December Daily link for all of the pages.

Another album I am almost finished with is my Project 52 for 2017 in the Project Life App. I just have a few more photos to add for today and tomorrow & the journaling... I'll share that page as soon as it's done.  Next week I'll send the pages off to be printed & finish it up!

And one other project that will come to an end is one that I've been working on all year long.  My One Little Word album ~ {Explore}. It was a great word for me and really kept me focused on telling more stories and taking more photos... but it was also so much more. It's not so much a scrapbook project as it is a personal journal about where I am and what I'm feeling.  Below are the wrap-up pages for the December prompt which was to talk about the Facts, Feelings, and things I want to remember about my word this year.



I felt like this album needed a finishing page, so I took some self-portraits with my word to finish it off.  The "New Adventures Await" photo moves me into 2018 and my new word... which I will share soon ;)


Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs